4 Reasons Why You Should Collect Customer Email Addresses.
- It's easy.
- It's cheap.
- It works.
- You own it.
- "My work is slow, I need to start doing some SEO on my site. (Expecting immediate results). Unfortunately, SEO doesn't work that way. You can't flip a switch and climb the SERPS overnight. It's simply not possible, and if it were, my hourly rate would be much much higher.
- "I don't want to be that guy who emails customers". I hear this all the time, when I hear it, the first thing I think is. There's a reason you get so many emails to your inbox every day. Because it's cheap, and it's effective. It's the perfect marketing solution for a small-shop integrator.
Where Do You Start?
Let's Build That Email List
- Campaign Monitor
- Constant Contact
- Get Response
(How to export iCloud contacts)
(How to export Gmail contacts)
Let's Create Templates!
Fun Fact: People trust Google Reviews more than recommendations from friends and family. They're powerful.
An Example of a Journey:
- Customer enters New Customer list.
- Customer receives a Thank you email with a link to leave a Google Review.
- 5 days later a customer receives an email asking how they like their system.
- 2 weeks later a customer receives an email giving them tips and tricks on how to use their new products.
- 4 weeks later customer receives an email letting them know about the other services you provide.
A Few Tips To Get You Started
- Deals- (When your distributor has a sale, pass the savings on!)
- Tips and Tricks- (How many of your customers know SONOS has an alarm clock)
- Alerts- Get in touch during special circumstances.
- The Value Ladder- Emails are an effective tool for walking customers up the value ladder. Seasonal- Outdoor TVs, Back To School, Football Season, and more.
Email Pays Dividends
It seems like email has been around since the beginning of time. Platforms come and go, but email has remained the same. When you rely on different platforms, you're not in control. Overnight they could disappear or change their policy, which in turn could sink your bottom-line. Focus your energy on building an email list as a long-term strategy that will pay off for your business well into the future.
This is a lot to chew on, I know. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. We're also here to help. If you have questions about how you can get started with Email Campaigns reach out to us at [email protected]