- What do I want to accomplish?
- Why is this goal important?
- Who is involved?
- Where is it located?
- Which resources or limits are involved?
- How much?
- How many?
- How will I know when it is accomplished?
- How can I accomplish this goal?
- How realistic is the goal, based on other constraints, such as financial factors and manpower?
- Does this seem worthwhile?
- Is this the right time?
- Does this match your other efforts?
- Am I the right person to reach this goal?
- Is it applicable to the current socio-economic environment?
- What can I do today?
- What can I do six weeks from now?
- What can I do six months from now?
Applying SMARTER to your business.
Try setting SMARTER goals to help make your business plans specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound. You might find that the real reason you haven't grown your business is that your plans have been too vague or unrealistic. Think about how you can adjust your vision and rephrase it as a SMARTER goal.
In the end, a goal without a plan is just a wish. Stop wishing and start planning today. Don't wait until the New Year to start thinking about new business strategies.
Paul Ryan Design is committed to helping custom integrators build their influence, income, and impact with an online presence. Questions for Paul? click here. Put our experience and insight to work for your custom integration business today.